Re: orbit1087

Got a few request for a format other than QuickTime, so a AVI formated
version is now available at:

http://www.goldensquare.net/software/images/orbit1087.avi

The source algorithm  used to deSkew the images can be found on the
AMSAT-NA web-site at the following URL(lower half of the page):

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/ao40/d-block-jpeg.html

At this link you can see a test movie, I used to get a feel for the
skewing caused by the off-centered camera capturing an image while
rotating. The grid it 512x512 and there are 16 squares in the X and Y.
The rate of rotation goes from 0-5.5rpm in 0.5rpm steps.

http://www.goldensquare.net/software/images/YaceSpinGrid.mov

On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 01:52  PM, Gilbert Mackall wrote:

> Here is a link to a short movie (quickTime) made from the YACE images
> taken on orbit 1087.
>
> http://www.goldensquare.net/software/images/orbit1087.mov
>

> Gilbert Mackall

> author.