Re: 123MHz on FT-847

I'm also using a yaesu FT-847 on 123 mhz and i was told that near any receiver can do the job. The fixed
signal coming from the DC is in many case too strong and playing with noise filter dsp and so on can
acheived some improvment. I even used a FRG-9600 and it works on 123mhz if frq. I have on 123 mhz a
noise level at 1.5Su and MB is around s7 qso signal around s5. I also add a preamp at the antenna this
boost the noise at s9 plus 10 and MB s9 plus 15 but audio was much more hard to copy due to the high
level of noise even using attenuation.
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator