Re: AO-40 FT-847

on 3/15/03 3:54 PM, Bruce Snyder at snyderb@cox.net wrote:

> I can hear the beacon about S-8 on my IC-910H but when I shift the
> antenna lead to the 144 input on the 847 I can't hear the beacon no matter
> where I tune. Yes I have it set for USB and the pre-amp is on. Any 847 user
> inputs.

Bruce,

What frequency does your downconverter output?  If it is at 123 MHz, the 847
has very poor performance at 123 MHz.  And as someone else said, try turning
the preamp off.  Do you have the AGC on or off?  Is the input attenuator
off?  And is your RF gain set to maximum?  Do you power your downconveter
via the coax?  If so, you need to enable that and then use the preamp switch
to turn that on and off.

Beyond that, I can't think of anything else.  Does the 847 work fine on
normal 2m signals?

73,

Jon
NA9D