ts-2000 question

My ts-2000 just made it back from its second trip in for repair on
warranty (DOA out of the box). I've got a couple questions for y'all.

Does the fan really run almost all the time?  Even just receiving the
fan will kick on sometimes and it seems to run all the time when
transmitting, no matter what the power or for how long key down.  Are
they all this noisy?

Suggestions for satellite ops?  I'll be using the SSB sequencers to
power the preamps.  Other tips?

Thanks.

73,

Dave Reinhart