From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Tracy Floren
Sent: 15. marts 2003 03:26
To: AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Alon/Alat or Alat/Alon on IT and Nova ( AO-40)

Hello AO-40 fans,

The InstantTrack manual refers to Attitude or Bahn Coordinates as ALAT
and
ALON. It tells me when editing the Satellite Elements "all you have to
do is
enter these two numbers, latitude first, then a comma, then longitude"
Currently Stacy Mills is saying ALON/ALAT (note longitude before
latitude)
is 20/0 so I put 0/20 -z behind "attitude".  Tonight in Seattle, that
gives
me a squint of  20 using IT.

I also have Nova and the satellite set up screen leaves no doubt, it
lists
ALAT first and ALON second so I put in 0 and 20.  Tonight (same time) in
Seattle I get a squint of 10 using Nova.

If I reverse the order of the values in Nova, it says what IT does and
visa
versa.  So it seems the manual for IT states the order entry incorrectly
or
the Nova setup labels are switched or I need a new glasses and a
remedial
instruction following course.

Please help me discover which it is.

73's  Tracy K7KCS