Re: Alon/Alat or Alat/Alon on IT and Nova ( AO-40)

>The InstantTrack manual refers to Attitude or Bahn Coordinates as ALAT and
>ALON. It tells me when editing the Satellite Elements "all you have to do is
>enter these two numbers, latitude first, then a comma, then longitude"
>Currently Stacy Mills is saying ALON/ALAT (note longitude before latitude)
>is 20/0 so I put 0/20 -z behind "attitude".  Tonight in Seattle, that gives
>me a squint of  20 using IT.

The correct translation of "20/0" for InstantTrack 1.50 is "0,200".
In addition to reversing the order, you have to add/subtract 180
to/from the longitude and negate the latitude. This is because the
antennas are on the opposite side of the AO-40 spacecraft (as
compared to AO-10 and AO-13).

A better solution is to upgrade to InstantTrack 1.55. With that
version, you can just put in exactly what Stacey announces. Except
the first time -- you have to enter something like "20/0 -" where the
"-" tells InstantTrack which side of the spacecraft the antennas are
on. InstantTrack remembers this, so after the first time you can just
enter "20/0" with no conversion.

This is covered in the InstantTrack FAQ at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/intro/itfaq.html#073

I can't explain how you got such a low squint without converting the
attitude coordinates. Something else may be wrong with your
InstantTrack setup.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org