Re: S-band antenna found

Steve,
That antenna sounds like an old MDS TV antenna.  Those were common in the
late 70's and early 80's.  I recall a provider in the midwest called
Superchannel that carried Showtime.  Those d/c's typically had a single
MRF-201 RF amp and a VCO controlled by a pot on top of the TV (also the power
supply).  They converted 2150 MHz to channels 2,3, or 4 (54-60-something MHz).
73,
Jerry, K5OE

> I happened to be cruising a thrift store today at lunch and came upon what
> looked to be an old MMDS antenna - a can horn with a 32 disk-directors in
> front of it.  For $1 it was mine and I started thinking about getting into
AO-