From: "Dave Johnson" <Dave.Johnson@ddat.co.uk>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 04:12
Subject: [amsat-bb] Satelite Prediction .NET Web Service

> Hi,
>
> I've just started playing with Microsoft .NET and c#, after many years
> doing Java tiered architectures. I'm not going to debate the pro's and
> cons :-)
>
> What I should like to propose, if anyone is interested, is web service
> for satellite prediction program with similar functionality to the
> Predict program by John Magliacane, KD2BD.
>
> The system would be a .NET web service using XML for queries to the
> service and responses from it. There would be a corresponding web form
> to display the information, and a published schema for those wanting to
> integrate with it. I've now got my dynamic DNS going on my 1Mb cable
> link so I'll probably be hosting it for now :-)
>
> A name, well how about YATS (Yet Another Tracking System).
>
> If anyone is interested and would like to discuss it, please let me
> know.
>
> A few of the ideas will start appearing on http://g4dpz.homeip.net in
> the next few days.
>
> 73
>
> Dave Johnson, g4dpz@amsat.org
> Editor AMSAT-UK, Oscar News
> Editor AMSAT-ANS
>

> This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information
and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. If you
are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. If you have received it in error please notify us immediately
by telephoning 0870 737 0017 and destroy this e-mail and any attachments.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message,
which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.