Re: Satelite Prediction .NET Web Service

>quite
>a bit slower than simply doing the computation yourself locally.

  Tracking satellites yourself?  How quaint!  :^)

  When kb2bd put the "predict" service into operation,
I dumped all my home tracking programs,  and all the headaches
of kep updating, and used his service exclusively to find
tracking/Squint data for AO-40.  (A contributing factor was the
bug that prevents wisp from calculating squint.)

  IMHO, unless you're driving the antennas directly,  there's
really no need to maintain that home orbit computing
capabilities.  (And my bbq dish is too sharp for my homebrew
automatic antenna pointing system).

 I'd love to see a browser based  web soluation,
particulary if the lat/long/timezone info could be stored locally
as  a browser based cookie...

 -al
 WB1BQE