Satelite Prediction .NET Web Service

Hi Paul,

Wow, that was a quick response.

Yes, to a large extent it is a software engineering exercise. I was
going to do it for my own uses in the shack(s), so that I can have a
single source of information. If anyone else is interested, then so much
the better.

I had thought about publishing KEPS and that would be the easy one to
do. All we would need would be a simple schema:

<elementset id="9999">
	<satellite name="AO-40" ... />
</elementset>

Agreed it would be compute intensive, but that's part of the challenge
:-)

City location is easy as there are several lat/lon databases floating
around the internet for very reasonable prices. Time zone will be
interesting, but not insurmountable. If everyone stuck to GMT it would
be easier.

Many thanks for the input. I'm going to be setting up a discussion board
on the site if you are interested.

73

Dave
G4dpz@amsat.org

This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received it in error please notify us immediately by telephoning 0870 737 0017 and destroy this e-mail and any attachments. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.