Re: Lightning and neutral grounding

on 3/11/03 6:39 AM, Joe Fitzgerald [jfitzgerald@alum.wpi.edu at
km1p@verizon.net wrote:

> The Code is also fairly specific about how to bond the antenna grounds to
> the service entrance ground ... Article 810-21(f).  I urge you to check a
> library or your building inspector for guidance.

The only problem with this is that the NEC treats this spec as an electrical
issue only.  The NEC specs are woefully inadequate when it comes to
grounding for lightning protection.  All an inspector will want to see in a
tower inspection is one ground rod connected to the tower and electrical
ground by a single wire.  Fine for electrical purposes.  Not fine for
lightning.

73,

Jon
NA9D