VP6DIA Ducie Island on AO40

Monday evening (local time) is a very good window to make AO40 contact with VP6DIA in Ducie Island.  The squint will be good, and elevation is relatively high.

Friday evening is the next good window for North Americans with day jobs.  That's their last scheduled day for operating, and there is always a chance that an approaching storm will force them to shut down earlier than planned.

I worked him last night, but conditions were terrible for me.  Squint was 22 degrees and I was pointing through a double line of Sugar Maple trees that attenuated the signal by about 3 S-units.  Signals should be much better tonight.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA