Re: FT-847 question

AFAIK, whatever filters you have insatlled are active in all modes, with the
CW filter (if installed) selected when in CW mode. I have an INRAD 2.1kHz in
the receive chain, and the Yaesu-Collins filter in the transmit chain. The
Inrad filter made quite a difference on receive. I had a matching filter on
the transmit side, but I didn't like the way it made the audio sound, so I
swapped it for the wider Yaesu-Collins filter.
73, Jim