Re: Re: VP6DIA

on 3/9/03 9:46 PM, Bruce Paige at kk5do@arrl.net wrote:

> My suggestion is not to use the amsat-bb for immediate spots like this. The
> reason is that the outgoing email is sent as a first on the list gets the
> first email and the guy at the bottom of the list won't get notification for
> 10-15-30 minutes. This could be make the last guy miss a rare station.

Bruce, it's not 15 to 30 minutes.  It's more like HOURS.  This is one of the
slowest lists that I have seen.

> I would suggest using the IRC which is immediate rather than delayed by email
> (amsat-bb). Or, use both. You are all welcome to use the IRC (Internet Relay
> Chat) that I set up for the Houston AMSAT Net but was used very successfully
> during the beginning of the AO-40 days.

IRC is a great idea.  But I do really like the idea of the packet cluster as
well.  Like Gene said, it may help stir interest in satellites when people
see the rare DX up there.

Hope to work Ducie tonight!

73,

Jon