Re: Re: VP6DIA

From:           	"Gene Davies AA6NP" <aa6np@mind.net>
To:             	<amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Subject:        	Re: [amsat-bb] Re: VP6DIA
Date sent:      	Sun, 9 Mar 2003 19:16:26 -0800

snip...

> We should all be posting good dx like this
> to the cluster. It will help stir interest in

My suggestion is not to use the amsat-bb for immediate spots like this. The
reason is that the outgoing email is sent as a first on the list gets the first
email and the guy at the bottom of the list won't get notification for 10-15-30
minutes. This could be make the last guy miss a rare station.

I would suggest using the IRC which is immediate rather than delayed by email
(amsat-bb). Or, use both. You are all welcome to use the IRC (Internet Relay
Chat) that I set up for the Houston AMSAT Net but was used very successfully
during the beginning of the AO-40 days.

For information on connecting to the IRC visit http://www.amsatnet.com (direct
link is http://www.amsatnet.com/irc.html)

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO
AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager
Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0200z on W0KIE AMC-7, T5, 7.5Mhz