Re: BBQ Dish Gain

I can believe it, that's why it's called a MODEL.  My guess that the
efficiency is overestimated in NEC-2.  This isn't unusual for NEC-2 with
"reflector screen" antennas.

All I can say is that I've seen range testing on BBQ's more than once and
usually the "24 dBi" antennas test in between 18 and 20 dBiL.  Never better
than that.  +/-2 dB or so is about the accuracy of the ranges that hams use
in parking lots at VHF/Microwave Conferences.

Fred W0FMS

<rom: Scott Townley <nx7u@arrl.net>