Yaesu FT-726R "Dual" Module Question

Hello,
I recently acquired a Yaesu FT-726R as a second radio for satellite /
weak signal use. I have a question.
I installed TWO 144 MHz modules in the radio. The idea is to use one 144
MHz module as a IF for a 1296
transverter and use the other 144 MHz module as a standard 144 MHz band
for use on satellite , EME or whatever.
The question is will the radio support two of the same bands, and if
not, how can I modify it to make it work this way ???

I know I could simply put a switch on the input to one of the modules
worse comes to worse but am wondering if this approach can be done.

K7XQ Jeff
Atwater, CA.
Grid: CM97qi
EME, Satellites, Meteor Scatter
CW, FSK441 or JT-44

144 MHz: 4 X 3 W.L. 800 Watts Single 3CX800A7
EME Initials: 60
432 MHz: 2 X 9 W.L. 800 Watts ( soon 4 X 9 W.L. ) 2 X 4CX400A
EME Initials: 5
1296 MHz: 3.1 Meter Dish 130 Watts at feed 2 X 2C39 water-cooled
"Hi-Spec"
EME Initials: 15

K7XQ Webpage ( EME Antenna Pictures ):
http://www.elite.net/~k7xq/k7xq.html