From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Roy Welch
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 3:23 PM
To: John Becker
Cc: amsat
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] KCT help needed

In some later PCs, the rotor control bits are already set ON so the rotors
move when connected to the KCT.  This prevents you from manually
controlling the rotors during thcalibration setup.  The solution is to
unsolder the DB25 plug leads from pins 3,5,7 & 9.  These are the
UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT control leads.  Be sure to make a note of the pin
numbers vs the color code of the leads.  Then you can run the setup program
and have full manual control of the rotors.  After you have completed the
Setup, reconnect the leads to the proper pins.  You should have no further
problem like this until you buy a new PC or reformat your hard drive, etc.
  This does not happen on all setups, but does happen occasionally.

--
73, Roy -- W0SL

E-Mail: rdwelch@swbell.net