Re: Cross Boom

You guys are missing the fact that the rotating fields you are thinking of
are Far Field characteristics.  The Near Field characteristics are what
interact with nearby objects.  The Near Field of an antenna is a far
different character than the Far Field.  The two are independent and each
have a very different set of equations.

The evidence on this us pretty clear and has been documented by people who
know what they are taking about.  I'm not trying to flame you here, but
statements as yours show that you have either not looked at the
documentation and results provided by WA5VJB or you have chosen to disregard
it and your believe differently for whatever reason.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 3/7/03 12:35 PM, kgshutt at kgshutt@cox.net wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> Dom,  your comment is spot on.  I don't see how anyone can expect to insert
> a conductive boom into the rotating electro magnetic field and expect it not
> to have any effect on the radiated wave, regardless of x or + element
> orientation.
>
> 73 de Ken - K5GUU

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)