Re: Digital modes on Sats

Remember where the uplink for AO7 is...they were probably terrestrial, not operating thru the sat

73, Drew KO4MA
-------Original Message-------
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Sent: 03/07/03 03:08 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Digital modes on Sats

> Was listening to AO7 this morning, and could have
sworn that I heard either MFSK16 or JT44 coming
through.  I didn't think that either of these would
work very well with the doppler shift, though.  Have
people run digital modes on the satellites (other than
packet) with much luck.

In the same vein, would anyone be interested in trying
PSK31 on AO7, FO20 or FO29?  It seems like that would
be an easy digital mode to run because the tuning is
fairly easy, just click on the waterfall as it moves.
Seems like PSK would handle doppler shift the best

73s John NE0P  EM04to