Re: R: Cross Boom

Domenico,

     Have you ever measured the effect of a metallic boom?  The people who
have  measured (not just theorized) would disagree.  The near field around
an antenna is a very complex environment.  When I worked at an RF anechoic
chamber we found all sort of things that seemed to defy theory.  It just
meant there where things that our model wasn't accounting for.

     If you have data from an antenna range to support your claim I think
this would be a great forum openly discuss the merits of it versus the
existing data.

73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org