RE: Anybody tried UO-14 from Amtrak train?

> Yes, I have done that.
> It works!  And I did it just with an HT and  rubber duck.  I
> didn't bring
> the Arrow
> antenna with me.  It was NOT easy !    I tried it from the observation

UO-14 is quite tricky to work from a train.  I almost succeeded.  My biggest
problem though is that the pass times aren't at all suitable for me.
However, with UO-14, the trick is hearing the downlink.  I have managed this
on a couple of occasions from a train.

I used to work SO-35 regularly from trains and trams (streetcars) when it
was active.  For a while, pass times coincided with my regular journey from
work.

For more info

http://vkradio.com/sat.html