New Guy Question!

Good morning,
  I am new to the list and want to get involved in amateur satellite
communications.  I am located in Florida and I was wondering are there any
amateurs in Central Florida that could give some ideas on how to get started.
 I have several books already that I purchased from AMSAT just need a little
advice.  Thanks in advance, I am located in Bartow, Florida.  Everyone have a
great week.

73
Stephen Clark N4TKP