Re: ALL: source for SMC connectors/adapter

Let me just put it this way:

You can get better quality connectors for the same price from some of the
other, bigger cable/connector houses.

They are OK, but for the price, it isn't worth it.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 3/6/03 12:24 PM, Bob Bruninga at bruninga@usna.edu wrote:

>> My personal opinion is that Pasternack products are of very poor quality.
>> I've seen people in the commercial world use their stuff and it's just
>> awful.  Hams seem to like them and think they are a good value.  In reality,
>> their prices are not cheap and are really the same as any of the other
>> bigger, more reputable connector companies.
>
> Interesting.  I find them to be entirely professional and have everything,
> and I see no problems with quality.  We used Pastenack custom made
> SMA cables on PCSAT and they passed all quality control inspections.  They
> are not a HAM outfit.  You will pay $35 for a 4 foot jumper with SMA's on
> both ends...  $45 for the same jumper with teflon NASA rated cable...

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC