Re: ALL: source for SMC connectors/adapter

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Jon Ogden wrote:

> My personal opinion is that Pasternack products are of very poor quality.
> I've seen people in the commercial world use their stuff and it's just
> awful.  Hams seem to like them and think they are a good value.  In reality,
> their prices are not cheap and are really the same as any of the other
> bigger, more reputable connector companies.

Interesting.  I find them to be entirely professional and have everything,
and I see no problems with quality.  We used Pastenack custom made
SMA cables on PCSAT and they passed all quality control inspections.  They
are not a HAM outfit.  You will pay $35 for a 4 foot jumper with SMA's on
both ends...  $45 for the same jumper with teflon NASA rated cable...

Bob