RE: Cross Boom

At 08:53 PM 3/5/2003, Art Goldman wrote:
>Actually, I just inquired about shipping of those solid 8' masts. It is
>$40, not because of the weight, but because of the size. They can ship
>up to 5 masts for the same $40.

You may be able to find a local source.  This kind of material is more
common than most people think.  Look in yellow pages under "plastics".

In San Diego, for example, there's a place called Ridout Plastics that
stocks 10' solid fiberglass rods in various diameters, including 1.25" .  I
drove over and picked one up.  (a 10' long rod just barely fits in my car.)