Re: Cross Boom

Jim,

This reminds me that I constructed an 18-turn 437 MHz helix years ago using
an 8-foot 1-1/8 inch closet pole and found the same thing...it broke off.
I don't think they are strong enough for antenna use.

For my M2-436CP42 I just mounted the antenna on 1-1/4 inch ID sched-40
aluminum tubing (the right size for the G5400) in the "x" configuration
with fine performance.  Wood or fiberglass is an uneeded cost IMHO.

73, Ed - AL7EB