Re: AO40 3 March pass

Joe,

With the changes in Alon, it ends up putting the minimal squint point at a
different spot in the orbit.  It's possibly that this point is now much
closer than previously.  The point of minimal squint is no longer at apogee.

The operational schedule is rotating to compensate for this.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 3/3/03 2:24 PM, Joe W2KJ at w2kj@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I noticed that the bird was about 3-5 thousand miles closer to
> earth than on other passes I had worked and am wondering if
> that made the difference in signal strengths noticed today.
>
> I have only been on the bird for 3 weeks so this may be just
> the ramblings of a newbie.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA