Space Station Minimum Station Requirements

Hi All;
I have just been requested by the local ham club to put up a temporary
station to work the ISS at the grand opening of the Challenger Learning
Center of Tallahassee  on March 22nd.

Given the short notice, I am limited in the sort of antenna system that
I can put together.

Here is what I have in mind:

Base station:

ICOM IC-970A with 160 watt Mirage amplifier

~100 feet RG 9913 feedline ~ 2 dB loss

MSquared EB-144 egg beater antenna (with or without RK-2M reflector? 0
or 6 dB gain?)

ICOM AG-25 preamplifier mounted at antenna. (I already have the
sequencer worked out for the Mirage amp).

I am considering the omnidirectional approach as the available time does
not permit the complexity of rigging up a yagi and rotator system. I
also want the operation to appear as simple as possible to show the
public who might be interested in the hobby.

>From preliminary analysis I see one good pass with a maximum overhead
elevation of about 57 degrees.

I think the performance should be on par with working the ISS from a
mobile installation.

Can anyone offer their experience with working ISS with omnidirectional
antennas? Does anyone have experience with the eggbeater antenna?  What
are the practical advantages or disadvantages to adding the RK-2M
reflector to the eggbeater?

Thanks
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"Jazz is not dead.  It just smells funny." -F.Z.