RE: TS-2000X birdie for SO-50 (was AA4RC Station)

         Hi All,
         This is my first posting here so hope it gets through OK.
         I have a TS2000X which overall I am impressed with!
         I have found similar problem with my radio regarding 436.800
         Without any antennas connected and the pre amp on I found the
following:
         (a)The birdie is stronger with the antenna connected, in fact if
just an unterminated N to BNC adaptor is connected to the UHF outlet the
level increases from S7 to S9 + 10dB.
         (b) Switching off the sub receiver does not alter the level while
listening on the main receiver.
         (c) Listening on the sub receiver:
                 (1) The level was about the same when the main receiver
was on the HF/6m and 23cm bands.
                 (2) The level was lower when the main receiver was on the
70cm band. (Same as the sub receiver).
                 (3) The level was at its lowest when the main receiver was
on the 2m band.
         I too have found that my HT does pick up the birdie on 436.800
near the TS2000X.
         I have also discovered (may not be a problem regards to
satellites) when tuning for a simplex frequency ensure that the TF-SET
button has not been operated to hear the input of a repeater (R showing on
the display) as this may put a Rx/Tx split in the simplex frequency if the
tuning was started in the repeater section of the band.
         73's
         Starr
         ZL3CU
         AMSAT/ZL member