From: "Ellis family" <prellis@pcug.org.au>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 12:33 AM
Subject: re: phonetics, at any price

Oh, how I dislike crass use of 'incorrect' phonetics.

On some occasions when operating at too late an hour to be completely
conscious without coffee, and I get a reply to a CQ something like "Kilowatt
Dixie Farve ....", then I'm afraid that I've been known to reply with
something like, "Vampire Kranski Uno Kwajalein Ecto-plasm, and I have to 3
by 2".

PLEASE use the international phonetics.

Peter
Victor Kilo Wun Kilo Echo Papa
VK1KEP

Citizen of Australia and resident of the Australian Capital Territory

"Freedom is... free."

"No coffee... no workee."