DISH BEAM WIDTH

Hello All,
I recently acquired a TVRO 12 foot dish, with the mesh
reflector. I have been trying to calculate the 3db beam width
in degrees, the books I have are not clear on the formula.
Does anyone have the correct math formula ?
Putting a 2 by across the dish and measuring down the
center is 22 inches. Yields a f/D = 4.0 if the formula is right.
I plan on using it for receive on AO-40, I have some tall pine
trees to the south that reduce the down link signal.
Hopefully this dish will help.
Thanks in advance
Bill
WA1DMV@amsat.org