Q: waveguide beyond cutoff

I want to calculate the behaviour of a air intake
into a uhf amplifier cavity.

The air tube diameter will be much smaller than
the wavelength (70cm).

How much RF will leak out from this tube?

I know, that such principles are used as attenuators
and the atteuation (in dB) is exactly proportional
to the length of the tube. Hewlett-Packard used such
'waveguide beyond cutoff attenuators' for their early
signal generators.

Does anybody know the formula which gives the total
attenuation as function of length, diameter, wavelength
and (?) conductivity of the material used?

73! Ulf Kumm, DK9SJ