Re: Cardboard Antenna Question

You could always politely ask them to change what channel they are using on
their Wi-Fi.  Explain what you are trying to do with AO-40, and explain that
to them it'll be no difference.   It the best approach to start off with.
You likely will have to research how to do this with their equipment and
help them out, but that in itself could prove to be a positive experience.

Fred W0FMS