Re: Cardboard Antenna Question

Hi Bruce,

You can certainly make a horn out of aluminum sheet,
I have done it and it works pretty well.

This will probably not help you with the WiFi interference
if your neighbors are close to you. I can pick up my neighbors
from 200+ yards away. Fortunately, the noise blanker on
my FT-847 takes care of it.

I run a WiFi network in my house, the base station is just above
my ham shack, and it doesn't interfere at all but I picked
an RF channel that is out of the ham bands.
Your neighbors probably didn't. Technically, you can shut
them down for interfering with you (as a licensed service)
but good luck on that one - I think the FCC dropped the ball myself.

73,
Tony AA2TX
------