Newbie Post: Rig Choice, 23cm Capability Importance

Greetings,
My thanks to all of you for the constructive answers you have given thus far. I would like to pose another question.
In researching which rig to acquire for satellite and terrestrial/contest operations, 23cm capability is a consideration for me.
First, are there any satellites other than AO-40 utilizing 23cm? A search on AMSAT's web page turned up only one other.

It appears that AO-40 is accessed primarily by 23cm, with DL via mode S. With that in mind, am I correct that I could utilize the 2m band in a 2m/70cm rig to drive a 23cm transverter for the uplink to AO-40, and monitor the S band DL via a seperate RX (like my PCR-1000)?
Thank you,
Robin Midgett KB4IDC
Southeastern VHF Society 2003 Conference
April 25-26 Huntsville, AL
www.svhfs.org