Re: Yaesu rotor

on 2/26/03 1:02 PM, Paul Womble at pwomble1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Is there any option to computer control the rotor other than the $500
> Yaesu interface?  What makes the interface so expensive?

Yes, Paul.

EA4TX sells a product called ARSWin.  It has both elevation and azimuth
controls and functions via the computer's parallel port.  The cost is much
cheaper than things like the KCT (which is no longer supported AFAIK).  It
will cost about $160 or so.  He sells an 8 bit and a 10 or 12 bit (I forget
which) resolution model.  The 8 bit is fine for sat work.  The 10 or 12 bit
is for more accuracy like EME work.

www.ea4tx.com

73,
Jon