RE: FG/W9AE

We had the same thing at the Orlando Hamfest weeks ago...
Had a great signal into US/Europe and were deluged with heavy signals
and the ensuing pile up.  With no announcement; we started looking for the
savvy
contacts that tuned a little up and down from the right Freq. and then
called
them out from the pile.  (Guess the gators were confused; as we worked them
last!)  Jim and I are the only OPS on field days for our rig and learned
that
the HF rule can work (working split on the birds) if you don't announce it!

Making rules or established offsets only educates them where to overload. If
we only work the stations that practice etiquette, then perhaps we can
eradicate
those who overload the bird and fire up your Leila.  BTW even with a very
bad
look into the bird on our side we heard fine and were amused by Leila
banging away
on the other persons UL.  It is embarrassing to have to EXPLAIN what is
going on
to the newly enthralled populous when we demo and actually we would rather
not have
explain that "this person is overdriving the Bird and is obviously clueless
that
his receive portion is not up to snuff to carry on the QSO"... so patiently
we wait
out the sirens and complete the QSO, many times its not the person we are
talking to.
its someone else who hears the contact, or heard our CQ and cant hear the
other side
of it...  (like the NET this week).

Rich