Re: ClearSpeech Stuff

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 10:53  AM, Franco Borsa - hb9oab wrote:

> HI Jon,
>
> they agree that DSP-599zx is a really a good DSP, but there and' also
> to say
> that 817 is not a great receiver with this .
> With the TS2000 or with IC775 or FT847, TS790...or also the old DRAKE
> line
> with double dwconverter I don't have need of further filters and dsp to
> decrease the noise...

That was my original thought, the FT-817 is as wide open as the
proverbial
barn door without extra filters.  The TS-2000's IF DSP will help a lot
to get
rid of the "hiss" evident in Jon's recording.  I still have a DSP-599zx
though,
since its random noise reduction mode works a lot better than the NR1
mode on
the TS-2000 which needs a fairly good SNR to work with.

73
Mike W4LNA