Re: Portable Satellite Setup

In a message dated 2/23/03 10:52:49 AM Eastern Standard Time, n1hid@juno.com
writes:

> I wonder if someone has any info on where I mite be able to find a mast
>  type setup that can be mounted on a trailer, van, or camper and can be
>  extended to about twenty feet from the base with the use of  compressed
>  gas. When I help out at the Marconi event, Al NX2Q had a setup like this
>  on his camper and thought about putting something like that together.

Hi Rick,

Al's portable mast is made by Will-Burt. They make commercial/military masts.
See: http://www.will-burt.com/

These are nice masts. They are used extensively in the broadcast industry for
video microwave shots etc.

They aren't cheap! I have a TMD 8-30 and it was multiple thousands of dollars
new!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649