Re: TS-2000? FT-847?

Hi Robin,

I have had both.  The TS2000 is an excellent rig.
Works much better on HF than the FT847 does.  Didn't
use the 847 on sats, so cant comment there, but the
TS2000 did very well.  Only drawback is that there is
a birdie on the AO27 downlink.  A good mast mounted
preamp will overcome that birdie, though.

The TS2000 is about as close as you can come to the
perfect rover rig.  Has built in CW memory keyer,
optional voice keyer, 6 meter antenna tuner, and
enough power on 6,2 and 70cm that you don't need amps.
 Plus the DSP is very good.  The digital filters
worked very nicely also.

My opinion is probably weird or something.  If you
read eham.net and the various reflectors, everyone
loves the FT847.  I didn't.  I kept it for 3 days and
traded it for a FT100D, and don't regret that decision
at all.  Must be something wrong with me for not
liking it. However, I loved the TS2000, and with 1.2g
it would be even better.

73s John NE0P

Majordomo@amsat.org