TS-2000? FT-847?

Hi readers,
I had my mind set on finding a nicely outfitted FT-847 until today. There
seems to be a fair sized group of people that really like the TS-2000, so
I'd like to hear from this group opinions of the rig. Of special interest
would be comments from those who have compared or used both the FT-847 &
TS-2000 for satellite and terrestrial VHF/UHF fun. Given the added ability
of 1296 on the Kenwood, plus the If and audio DSP, it is more radio for the
more money, but worth it?
I appreciate the kind offerings of the group.

Thanks,
Robin Midgett KB4IDC

Southeastern VHF Society 2003 Conference
April 25-26 Huntsville, AL
www.svhfs.org