Re: ClearSpeech testing on AO-40--results

on 2/22/03 6:20 AM, K5OE@aol.com at K5OE@aol.com wrote:

> I'm curious how the ClearSpeech software handles signals much closer to the
> noise floor on your receiver.  I note your signal level was already 10 dB out
> of the noise.  Have you tried it on signals only 2 or 3 dB out of the noise
> that might not have been copyable without the noise reduction?  The reason I
> ask is because I get similar results to yours using the built-in NR on the
> Kenwood TS-2000, but I do not find it (the Kenwood NR) helpful on the really
> weak ones--the ones where I really do need help to pull them out.

Jerry and others.  In about 10 minutes from now, I will have a wavfile
available on my website.  Just recorded.  It's 60 seconds long.  The first
20 seconds are with the Clearspeech on.  The next 20 or so, it's off (you'll
hear clicks when it goes on and off), the last 20 it's back on.

It is VERY dramatic.  This was probably one of the best cases I have seen.

www.qsl.net/na9d

73,

Jon
NA9D