Re: ClearSpeech testing on AO-40--results

OK, my site now has the wavefile on it.

To go directly to the page:

www.qsl.net/na9d/clearspeech.html

The Wave file will probably begin playing immediately.

This guy was right at my noise floor w/o the DSP.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 2/22/03 6:20 AM, K5OE@aol.com at K5OE@aol.com wrote:

> I'm curious how the ClearSpeech software handles signals much closer to the
> noise floor on your receiver.  I note your signal level was already 10 dB out
> of the noise.  Have you tried it on signals only 2 or 3 dB out of the noise
> that might not have been copyable without the noise reduction?  The reason I
> ask is because I get similar results to yours using the built-in NR on the
> Kenwood TS-2000, but I do not find it (the Kenwood NR) helpful on the really
> weak ones--the ones where I really do need help to pull them out.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC