Re: ClearSpeech testing on AO-40--results

Scott,
The spectograms are quite revealing and the 9 to 10 dB delta is easily visible.  The wav files are dramatic.  Thanks for making them available.

I'm curious how the ClearSpeech software handles signals much closer to the noise floor on your receiver.  I note your signal level was already 10 dB out of the noise.  Have you tried it on signals only 2 or 3 dB out of the noise that might not have been copyable without the noise reduction?  The reason I ask is because I get similar results to yours using the built-in NR on the Kenwood TS-2000, but I do not find it (the Kenwood NR) helpful on the really weak ones--the ones where I really do need help to pull them out.
73,
Jerry, K5OE