DYC-817 compressor with FT-847

My external dynamic speech compressor kit offered by FUNKAMATEUR for the
Yaesu 817 worked with my UNMODIFIED FT-847 first time out.
(modifications to the mic in and out cables were made to mate to the
847) I had none of the problems with the 5V supply available via the mic
plug mentioned elsewhere on this BB.

I have found it to substantially improve the audio for satellite
(duplex) work, perhaps better than the internal Yaesu processor would
work if it were available for this mode!

The DYC-817 kit: a bargain at $22 plus $7 shipping.    www.funkamateure.de

K7YDL