Re: Osculating element sets and secular effects

Dr. Jim Akers
Dept. of Electrical
and Computer Engineering
Miss. State Univ.

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Joseph B. Fitzgerald wrote:

> I have seen the terms "osculating elements" and "secular effects"
> mentioned in orbital mechanics texts, but can't for the life of me figure
> out how kissing can possibly have anything to do with satellite tracking.

Man have you missed out!!! If you haven't tried it, don't question it:)
Just think about where she has to be to track the sats:))) I remember one
clear night on an army blanket looking for sats...Oh well, that was a
while ago anyway. Maybe it works differently now....

Old but with a great memory.

73...Jim...W5VZF.