RE: 2.4 GHz QRN

Bernie,

I have had the pops issue for as long as I have had s-band capability. I
recently looked at it on the spectrum analyzer and validated it across
the bandwidth of the down converter IF. It is independent of azimuth but
lowers in amplitude when pointing at sky. I had always just attributed
it broad band noise from microwave ovens in the vicinity of my station
(which is close to ground level). I still don't know the actual
source(s) for sure, but it has been something I could live with, dsp
seems to reduce the majority of the pops.

I have not experienced your second issue. Occasionally a phone
conversation makes an appearance but not enough to track down the
source.

Joe
k6sat