Re: Kids and Cardboard Boxes

That's AWESOME, Tom.  What a great thing.  I think Tony's antennas were
really great and are what ham radio is all about.  Sure they don't work as
well as bigger ones, but they are a great learning and experimentation tool.
We need more of that here.

Hopefully, these kids will get on the bird with their "box" antennas.

73,

Jon
NA9D

> Many of you at the AMSAT meeting in Ft. Worth were impressed with the
> disposable cardboard box antennas for AO-40 developed by Tony Monterio,
> AA2TX. They are described in detail in the March 2003 QST on page 57.
>
> If you were in the outer room at the meeting, you saw a lot of kids in green
> tee-shirts building a copy of Tony's antennas. The kids were all students at
> the DeGoyler School (K5DES) and nearly all have obtained licenses under the
> tutelage of their teacher, Sanlyn Kent, KD5LXO. DeGoyler is a "magnet
> school" participating as one of the prototypes for the ARRL "Big Project".

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC