Re: DSP noise reduction--now I'm confused

on 2/21/03 7:28 AM, Robert McGwier at rwmcgwier@comcast.net wrote:

> Before I believed this actually helped
> with (say) the AO-40 beacon, I would like to see some tests
> run.  While you are making files, can you make beacon with and
> without the filtering?

I believe the ClearSpeech does distort the beacon.  I don't think it's
really designed for a data signal.  I'll see what it does.

The bottom line is that it is a tool that is appropriate to some tasks and
not appropriate to others.  I love my Sawzall, but I am not going to try to
do precise trim work or mitering with it.  I'll use my bandsaw or my chop
saw for the mitering.

73,
Jon
NA9D